Never mistake ‘information’ with ‘knowledge.’ The former can be found everywhere, and does not need to have a basis in fact. The latter, however, requires critical analysis, independent verification, and personal reflection. Information perpetuates the status quo, but knowledge changes lives.
These ten books are a source of constant reflection for me and continue to shape the way I see the world. They are also just down-right fun to read! If you are looking for a new read, a re-read, or an unexpected book recommendation, I hope these help!
- Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card – 1985
- Zero to One, Peter Thiel – 2014
- Blink, Malcolm Gladwell – 2005
- Tribes, Seth Godin – 2008
- Shackleton’s Way, Margot Morrell & Stephanie Capparell – 1998
- Thinking Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman – 2011
- Lord of the Flies, William Golding – 1954
- Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell – 2008
- Unbroken, Laura Hillenbrand – 2010
- The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien – 1937